Girl Crushing On Beyonce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

It’s the day after the Super Bowl and we’re still talking about Beyonce’s halftime show. In the news and on social media many people expressed that it didn’t really matter who won the game because it was all about Beyonce. People on Twitter cracked jokes about how it was Beyonce who caused the power outage in the stadium last night or how the real winner of that night was Jay-Z. So far in 2013 we’re all bowing down to the return of “Queen Bey” and many collegiettes like myself have developed some serious girl crushes on the star. Here are ten reasons why we’ve fallen in love so quickly.

1. Beyonce is the ultimate symbol for girl power. “Who run the world? Girls.” It’s only fitting that Beyonce is married to Jay-Z, one of the most influential and powerful men in pop culture today. Together they are the ultimate power couple.

2. In the early 2000s when being super skinny was a hot trend, Beyonce brought back an appreciation for curves. Bootylicious, anyone? When Beyonce played the role of Deena Jones in the movie Dreamgirls she dropped 20 pounds to fit the role. After filming was wrapped up she gained it all back to feel more comfortable in her own body.

3. Beyonce stays out of the tabloid drama by keeping her personal life to herself. She keeps her family, her marriage to Jay-Z, and her baby Blue Ivy out of the public eye. In a culture where celebrities do crazy things to get publicity, staying away from the tabloids is something that all collegiettes can respect.

4. Taylor Swift should take notes on this one. Beyonce met Jay-Z when she was 18. The pair dated for SEVEN YEARS before they got engaged. Now they have been married for almost 5 years and had their first baby a little over a year ago. That’s commitment. Beyonce took her time with her love life and made sure that she did it right.

5. When Beyonce was pregnant she took time off from her career to focus on being a mother and establishing a rock solid family with Jay-Z by her side. Beyonce is a great mother and protects her baby’s image. Only a few photos have been released of Blue since she was born.

6. Beyonce is dedicated to her work. She understands that you have to work hard to get results. You don’t earn 16 Grammy Awards overnight! Beyonce treats her career like an athlete because she is always trying to improve her performances and better herself. Collegiettes can relate to Beyonce in this sense because collegiettes also strive to be the best that they can be in academics, internships, and friendships.

7. Beyonce is a superhuman performer. Collegiettes everywhere admire how Beyonce is always confident when she is performing. Her voice has range and power, her moves are always perfectly executed, and she gives her all every time she is on stage.

8. Beyonce may be a diva on stage, but in real life her fans feel a close relationship to her because she is grounded and tries to have a normal life outside of performing. Check out Beyonce’s tumblr for intimate photos from her private home life. A personal favorite photo, Beyonce is feeding a bottle to Blue Ivy who is wearing a baby-sized Watch The Throne concert tee.

9. Beyonce is a class act. Instead of causing a scene when America called her out on lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration, she gracefully admitted that she did in-fact use a recorded track. Then she sang the National Anthem at a press conference for the Super Bowl to prove herself and clean her slate.

10. From Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin to Barack and Michelle Obama, Beyonce has a star-studded group of friends. She also has her amazing sister Solange by her side and the ladies from Destiny’s Child, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Collegiettes are radiating their jealousy everywhere.

Beyonce is near perfection. She does what she wants and takes her time to do what she wants the right way. No wonder collegiettes everywhere aspire to be as great as her!

BONUS: Even Shaq loves Beyonce! Here’s a video of him singing along to “Halo”.

All pictures used in this article belong to Beyonce’s tumblr www.iam.beyonce.com