This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Trying to find the perfect gift for the college student in your life can be as easily frustrating as it is confusing. Do you buy them something practical and useful or something fun and silly? The answer is you can do both, I’ve put together a holiday gift guide for college students including presents that are both practical and interesting. The student in your life will definitely be thanking you, and using these gifts all semester long!

Portable Charger

This perfect for all students who don’t have time to go home and charge their phones during the day!

2.Bluetooth speaker

Another gender neutral gift, everyone loves music so give your student an easy bluetooth speaker that they can take anywhere.

3.Noise cancelling headphones

This is the gift that keeps on giving, whether it be for binge watching Netflix or blocking out noisy roommates, all students can appreciate this.

4.Cards against humanity

Everyone needs a break from school work sometimes, gift this fun card game, sure to bring a lot of laughs to your student and their friends.

5. Lumee case

Know someone who loves to take selfies? This gift is perfect for them! Provides the perfect lighting to hide those dark circles from all of the all-nighters.

6.Polaroid Zip Mobile Photo Printer

Want to help them capture the moment forever? This iPhone photo printer is easy to carry around and can print out any photos taken on their phones!

7.Warm wool socks

This gift will never go out of style, especially in the colder months. Its practical and you can make sure they stay warm with some wool socks!

8.Gift card to grocery stores

This gift is perfect for a student living in an apartment on or off campus, groceries are expensive, help them out with a gift card to a store near them.

9.Coffee maker

College students live off of coffee, make sure your student is caffeinated and prepared for the day with a nice cup of coffee in the morning!

10.Fitbit

Let’s be real, no one wants to deal with the freshman 15, help them stay fit by gifting the newest Fitbit!

11. Kitchen accessories

Another gift for a student with a kitchen, helping them out with their cooking skills by gifting them nice pots/pans/baking accessories and maybe even throw in a cook book!