Everything You Need To Know About Boston Calling 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

It’s that time of the year!! The 2017 Boston Calling Line Up has been released and ticket sales have already started soaring. Between the line up, the location, and the festival itself there is a lot to know before attending the music festival. So here is your 2017 guide to Boston Calling.

This year the festival will take place Memorial Day weekend, May 26-28th.  It’s a three-day multistage event showcasing 45 artists. While past festivals have been at the City Hall Plaza, this year the festival will be at Harvard’s Athletic Complex. With ongoing transformations at city plaza, the Athletic Complex will be a great location to hold the three outdoor stages and numerous attendees.

This year’s line up is pretty significant. Notable artists include Mumford & Sons, Chance the Rapper, The 1975, Weezer, Cage the Elephant, Flatbush Zombies, and Russ among many more. At the moment, the tickets available are 3 Day GA Pass, VIP and Platinum packages. The most common package to purchase is the GA Pass, which will provide access to 45 bands, 3 stages, and 30+ food vendors. Those tickets are currently going for $269. Day passes should be available closer to the event.

Once your tickets have been purchased and your excitement level is through the roof, there are some things you’ll need to know before the festival. Boston Calling recommends you bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. On top of that, nonprofessional film and digital cameras are welcome, so be sure to capture a lot of memories! Dancing all day can get pretty tiring, so be sure to pack a water bottle as long as it’s factory sealed and not made of glass. The festival doesn’t allow backpacks, so they suggest bringing a clear plastic bag. Most importantly, bring your Drivers License! You won’t be able to get into the complex without it. And finally, wear your most comfortable dancing shoes and bring your best singing voice!

Boston Calling will definitely be THE event of the spring this year, so make sure you don’t miss out!!