Coldplay to Release New Album: Ghost Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Coldplay announced the release of their new album Ghost Stories on May 19th. The British rock band also released two songs off the album called “Midnight” and “Magic,” as well as a music video to go along with “Midnight.”

“Midnight” is not your typical Coldplay song, and Chris Martin’s mesmerizing voice is not particularly recognizable in this song. However, “Magic” is your classic Coldplay song with a captivating rhythm and resonating lyrics.

If you follow the band on any form of social media you can keep updated on everything the band is up to. Chris Martin, the lead singer, posted a picture of a piece of paper that he wrote the lyrics to “Magic,”on, along with the names of all the songs on the album.

The songs on Ghost Stories are titled:

1.         “Always in My Head”                                

2.         “Magic”            

3.         “Ink”                              

4.         “True Love”  

5.         “Midnight”                      

6.         “Another’s Arms”                                     

7.         “Oceans”                                     

8.         “A Sky Full of Stars”                                

9.         “O” 

If you go on www.coldplay.com you can also take a closer look at the detail on the wings of Coldplay’s new album cover. This album involves many story elements.

If you’re a die-hard Coldplay fan, you should order the CD from www.target.com, and you will get the version of the album with three exclusive tracks on it shipped to you the day the album comes out! I am sure hoping they announce a tour after the release of this album.

Social Media Director for Her Campus UConn. I am a Communication major and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor at the University of Connecticut. Currently a PR Assitant for Mintz + Hoke.
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.