Colby Weron ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Colby Weron

Year: Freshman

Major: Political Science and Economics

Hometown: Marthas Vineyard

Relationship status: Single

Involvement on Campus: Student Government Senator Class of 2018; SJRB Justice; Internship with Senator Hedlund; Founding Father/President of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity; member of Suffolk GOP and Suffolk Democrats; aspiring Orientation Leader; 2014 Poll worker

Astrology sign: Scorpio

Instagram: Colbssssss33

Twitter: @Colbyweron

Who would play you in a movie about your life?

Ken, Barbie’s counterpart

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?

A survival kit, a plane, and hot babe.

If you could travel to any place in the world right now, where would you go?

Either Moscow or Jerusalem.

What are some of your hobbies/interests?

I truly love Politics and government related issues. I constantly watch the news. I love working out and living a healthy lifestyle. I love working because I have a strong work ethic. What I love the most is my family and friends.

What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a 26 waist. Just kidding. I look for someone who understands me when I’m “me”, or when I’m not “me”; if that makes sense. I look for intelligence, strong morals, strong work ethic, and someone who enjoys a fast pace life and can be spoiled.

What are your biggest turn offs?

Bad hygiene; attitude; and ignorance.

How do you feel about being this week’s campus cutie?

I feel honored, and would like to thank whoever nominated me.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment would certainly be this one time I was on vacation with my family and friends. We were in cancun and were at the beach all day, and went back to the suite to get ready. Our room was a beach front suite, meaning, it was positioned directly on the beach. I was taking a shower, and came out expecting the room to be empty and shut, but that wasn’t the story. I walk out of the shower, completely naked, and my family left the slider doors opened and there was a huge fiesta on the beach, and yes everyone saw because I came out with my music blaring.

What is your dream job?

Due to my obsession with politics, my dream job is President of the United States.

Favorite TV show?

By far House of Cards.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Ice cream

What’s the one thing you don’t understand about the opposite sex?

I think a safe answer would be hormones.

What is the most embarrassing song on your itunes?

Baby by Justin Bieber

Who is your celebrity crush?

Candice Swanepoel

What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

The most romantic thing I have done for a girl was how I asked my ex girlfriend to be my girlfriend. We drove out to a beach resort Island and spent the day alone together shopping and laying on the beach. After a long day, we went to the famous Mucky Duck restaurant with one of the highest ratings in the United States for waterfront views for sunsets. After dinner, we went back to my condo. My ex girlfriend was standing in the bathroom mirror taking her earrings out and cleaning up a little, and I snuck behind her and put a Tiffany’s necklace on and asked her to be my girlfriend.

What is something a lot of people don’t know about you?

I used to be a martial arts instructor.

What are your favorite/least favorite fashion trends for women?

My least favorite fashion trend for women would definitely be flannels and jogger pants. Flannels are fine when worn as relaxed wear, but not as regular day wear, and joggers just frustrate me. My favorite fashion trend for women would by far be pastels and sweaters. I work in retail, so I have aquired a taste for high fashion brands and designers.

Describe your ideal date night in Boston:

My ideal date night would need to be on a beautiful fall or spring Sunday. To start off, we would either do a brunch cruise on the boston harbour, or brunch in back bay. After brunch, we would go shopping on Newbury street and Copley Plaza. Then we would conclude the night eating dinner at the Top of the Hub restaurant, which is the restaurant on top of the prudential center.

Any advice for the ladies trying to win you over?

Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Oh, if you can have an intelligent conversation, particularly regarding politics, you’ve won some extra points.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.