This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Grab your Christmas jammies and your favorite hot cocoa mug because it’s time for a christmas night in! Every year, my favorite part of the holiday season is getting together with my friends to watch Christmas movies and bake cookies. Here are all your essentials you’ll need so you and your friends can have a Christmas night in of your own!

Must see Christmas movies:

Elf

Home Alone (one and two)

The Polar Express

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Christmas DIY snacks:

Melted Snowman Oreo Balls– Have fun decorating these little snowmen with your friends. Almost too cute to eat!

Reindeer Chow– So easy and fun to make, you can even add or take out any ingredients you want to make it the perfect recipe!

Easy Peppermint Bark– What else screams holiday season more than peppermint? So addicting to eat and it only requires 5 ingredients!

Christmas Sugar Cookies– A Christmas classic that never gets old. If you’re too excited and want to speed up the holiday festivities, these are super easy and fast to make!

Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipes:

Grinch White Hot Chocolate – Super festive and easy to make! Once you go white chocolate, you won’t wanna go back.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate –  Refreshing and super seasonal! Why pay for this specialty hot cocoa at a shop when you can make it at home?

Candy Bar Hot Chocolate– Try this fun and different twist by using any candy bar you want! I would suggest using Reese’s or Twix.

Classic Hot Chocolate– Sometimes sticking to the basics isn’t a bad idea!