Best Christmas TV Specials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The Christmas season is a time for friends and family, gingerbread houses and of course, Christmas movies. But what if you’ve seen every Christmas movie that’s ever been created? That’s what T.V. shows are for! Dozens of T.V. shows have made one or multiple holiday episodes to help bring laughter and Christmas cheer to millions of people, so here are the best holiday T.V. episodes!

Any fan of, The Office knows that Christmas is the time of epic parties thrown by the “world’s best boss”, Michael Scott. Whether you’re looking to get into a “classy” Christmas mood or divulge into different cultures such as Diwali or experience Moroccan traditions, The Office has a holiday episode guaranteed to make you laugh and get into the Christmas spirit!

Watch The Office Christmas Episodes on Netflix (S2E10, S3E6, S3E10, S5E11, S6E13, S7E11, S7E12, S8E10, S9E9)

While Parks and Recreation isn’t known for their Christmas episodes like The Office is, there are still plenty of holiday episodes that will make you get you into the Christmas spirit! Whether you’re looking for straight up laughs like you’ll find in episodes Christmas Scandal or if you just want to watch the usual “make fun of Jerry” antics in Ron and Diane, you’ll get all the holiday cheer you need from these episodes plus, tons of laughs!

Watch Parks and Recreation Christmas Episodes on Netflix and Hulu (S2E12, S4E10, S5E9)

The underrated T.V. comedy, 30 Rock, has 4 Christmas episodes that span over the 7 seasons the show ran, which are filled with tons of Christmas time humor! Through the outlandish Ludachristmas episode which taught the cast members the “true” meaning of Christmas or the Christmas Special episode which makes the heavy conversation of little to none cultural sensitivity we face in society and the sense of nostalgia that comes with Christmas, 30 Rock will surely bring some holiday cheer to you this year!

Watch 30 Rock Christmas Episodes on Hulu (S2E9, S3E6, S4E8, S5E10)

If you’re looking for a T.V. show that has a little bit of a more vintage feel, then watch 1 out of the 5 Christmas specials from That 70’s Show! Over the shows 8 seasons, they managed to produce 5 hilarious Christmas episodes that will create a nostalgic feeling with your parents while still managing to find a level of humor that’s relatable to kids of this generation.

Watch That 70’s Show Christmas Episodes on Netflix (S1E12, S3E9, S4E12, S6E7, S7E11)

If pure, wholesome comedy isn’t your cup of hot chocolate then try watching the Christmas special produced by the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia crew for dry, curt comedy this holiday season!

Watch It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix and Hulu (S6E13)

Looking for more animated shows versus live action comedies? Don’t worry, the hit fox comedy, Bob’s Burgers has tons of holiday specials that would make the Grinch laugh! Spanning over 8 seasons, the writers of Bob’s Burgers have managed to create 6 Holiday episodes filled with Tina’s awkwardness and plenty of hilarious misfortunate events that Bob has to endure.

Watch Bob’s Burgers on Hulu (S3E9, S4E8, S5E6, S6E5, S7E7, S8E6)

Christmas time is all about family, so for a more family-oriented program, check out the classic Spongebob Squarepants Christmas special (the original not the new claymation one they recently made that everyone pretended was good). Filled with upbeat songs and the classic, innocent humor of Spongebob, this Christmas special is perfect to watch with kids and adults!

Watch Spongebob Squarepants on Amazon Prime (S2E8)

If Christmas Caroling is your favorite part of the holiday season then the Glee Christmas episodes are perfect for you! Filled with drama, comedy and of course, tons of Christmas music, Glee intensifies all the Christmas spirit you’ve had built up inside of you since November 1st while tugging at your heartstrings!

Watch Glee on Netflix and Hulu (S2E10, S39)

Finishing this holiday binge watching list is none other than Friends. Blessing the world with a holiday episode each season (except for season 10 but let’s ignore that fact), there’s not one part of the holiday season that’s ignored or pushed aside when it comes to this comedy. Whether you find the most humor in the Holiday Armadillo or fawn over Chandler’s romantic gesture to quit his job in Tulsa to be with Monica in New York, Friends is the perfect T.V. show for Christmastime.

Watch Friends on Netflix (S1E10, S2E9, S310, S410, S5E10, S6E10, S7E10, S8E9, S9E10)