This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Amanda Macolino

Hometown: North Haven, Connecticut

Year: Freshman

Major: Broadcasting Journalism

Modelling Agency: John Casablanca’s CT and Model Club Inc. Boston

HC: How did you start modeling?

I was approached at the corn and potato festival in North Branford, Connecticut. While walking around, an agent came up to me and asked me if I had ever considered modeling. I actually never did but it seemed fun so I happily agreed to a meeting with an agent to discuss options. I gave the agent my information and she called me later on to schedule an interview. The interview went really well and I could sign with them right away! From that moment on I was signed to John Casablanca’s modeling agency in Connecticut.

HC: What kind of things have you done so far modeling?

My first job was a hair show for the company Lanza at Mohegan sun. I gave them the consent to cut and color my hair so they could teach how to master the cut and color techniques they used on me, to other hairdressers in the New England area. It was such a great experience. After that, I had a photo shoot with Robert Norman. He is a wedding and vintage portrait photographer. We walked around the streets of New Haven to find random nice places to take pictures. It was really cool because I live really close by where we shot and I never knew about this area.

HC: Do you think you will want to do continue modeling in the future?

Yes! It ties in with my major, broadcast journalism, because I am in front of the camera constantly. It is definitely something I will continue on the side in the future even after starting my career in journalism. I want to keep doing it because every time it is an experience like no other and I hope I will keep getting gigs/jobs in the future!

HC: If you could describe this experience in a few words what would they be?

“Nerve wracking but exhilarating”. I am nervous to interview for jobs and audition, but once I get the job and follow through with the event, it is so exhilarating. It is certainly a lot of fun, because every job is different. They are all one of a kind and anything could happen! That is what really makes it fun to do.