Out With The ‘Hoe’ In With The ‘Ha’: Halloween Costume Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner you’re all probably thinking (and by thinking I mean panicking)  “what do I be for Halloween???” The costume possibilities are endless and a good costume could be the key to a good night. Costumes around campus seem to gravitate towards two extremes: sexy or funny.

Girls are already held to such a high standard to look good and there is little room for originality when it comes to dressing up on the weekends that Halloween offers the perfect outlet to showcase your creativity. That being said, there are some serious pros to dressing like a sexy cat or a slutty referee on one of the only days of the year that it is completely acceptable to cover less than 50% of your body in clothing (#sexyghost?). Having a creative costume that is the least bit physically appealing definitely trumps all and shows major confidence.

When asked her opinion on putting together the perfect Halloween costume, junior Remi DiRe told us “I think Halloween is about coming up with the most creative and funny costume with your friends. You want everyone on campus talking about how awesome you looked the next day”. Chances are you probably won’t stand out in a cat costume but you will definitely be remembered as the girls who went to the mixer as a set of boobs.

The days are numbered until this years mixer, so check out our top 3 DIY hilarous and creative costumes that we love!

1. Oscar The Grouch

2. British Parliament

3. The Cast of Holes

So this halloween think to yourself: would you rather be the bacon strip on the left or the right?

Kassie is currently a junior studying marketing at Stoneill College. She loves green tea, popcorn and her dog, Pumpkin.