Campus Cutie’s- Kelly and Kaity Healey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

NAME A MORE DYNAMIC DUO… I’ll wait. I had the opportunity to ask the Healey sisters – Kelly and Kaity – some questions. These two are dynamite on the lacrosse field and more explosive as sisters. They’re the cutest ever and I couldn’t be happier to have them as friends (and teammates). So without further ado, here they are!!!

Name:

Kelly Healey

Kaity Healey

Major/Class Year:

Kelly: Biology  – 2018

Kaity: Buisness – 2020

Hometown: Westwood, MA

Nickname(s):

Kelly: Some people call me kel or kells so I guess that works?

What is something that not a lot of people know about you??

Kelly: I have a dent in my forehead from when I fell into a radiator when I was younger. I don’t know if that’s interesting enough!

Kaity: I’ve never been outside of this country!

What is something that not a lot of people know about your sissy (: ??

Kelly: That she LOVES pugs… oh wait… literally everyone knows that. But actually, we used to go to Storyland with our friends and their families and a grizzly bear almost attacked Kaity during a cookout; it was literally 10 feet away from her.

Kaity: She is allergic to face paint.

Kel – is it weird having your little sister back on the same lacrosse team as you?

It was a little weird at first, but after that first week it felt normal again. I had her for two years in high school, what harm could another two years do? It’s nice because I get to root for her to come up with turnovers and to score goals that benefit me as well. So, when she makes a great play, it makes me really proud to say that I’m her older sister and that I’ve been lucky enough to see her become the player that she is.

What is it like to go to college with your sister?

None the less, playing on the same lacrosse team together?

Kelly: Since I’ve been away for the past two years, we’ve gotten a lot closer and she’s my best friend, so it’s amazing having her here. When Kaity told me that she wanted to come to Stonehill and play with me, I was really excited because that meant I would have her by my side for another two years. I love being there for her whenever she needs me and to be able to reassure her of things that she is nervous about. I don’t have to play the role of the big sister to her a thousand miles away, instead I get to see her everyday right next to me on the field and I love that she’s there.

Kaity: It’s nice going to school with my sister, because I know I can always go to her – for advice or questions in general. Lacrosse wise, I really like playing with Kel, she pushes me to be a better player, and there is a comfort level on the field while playing with someone that has been there for you your whole life.

You two seem to have a special connection on the field –are you guys excited for what the season has to come?

Kelly: We had a lot of practice learning each other’s styles in high school; it’s a sister thing, I always know what she’s going to do next. I’m really excited to be able to step on the field with her and to watch her make the type of impact I always knew she could make. I think this season is going to be awesome because we have so many incredible people who work together so well and that’s what makes our team so special. I’m lucky that one of those people is my sister and that we can work our magic out there together!

Kaity: I’m really excited and can’t wait to start! Our team is really strong and especially talented this year and it’s going to be such a great season!

What is your favorite part of Stonehill??

Kelly: My favorite part of Stonehill is the people I’ve met and the friends I’ve made along the way!!  

Kaity: Our campus!

If you could be an animal for a day, what would it be?

Kelly: Probably like a dolphin or something, the ocean seems pretty cool.

Kaity: An elephant

Describe your ideal date!!!

Kelly: Definitely going to a sports game (preferably to a Bruins or Patriots game) because I can dress down, eat yummy food (like french fries), and root for my team in a fun environment! What more could you want?

Kaity: Anything to do with food…

Favorites

Food:

Kelly: Pizza for sure

Kaity: Mac and Cheese

Place to study:

Kelly: Easy- the Science Center.

Kaity: Library

Movie:

Kelly: Miracle

Kaity: She’s the Man

Book:

Kelly: 13 Reasons Why (it’s amazing and everyone should read it!!)

Kaity: Me Before You

Color:

Kelly: Blue

Kaity: Purple

Netflix show:

Kelly: The Office

Kaity: One Tree Hill

Celebrity crush:

Kelly: Tom Holland (aka the new Spiderman!!)

Kaity: Tom Brady

Song to sing in the shower:

Kelly: Right now it’s Shape of You by Ed Sheeran

Kaity: September – Earth, Wind & Fire

Meal in the café:

Kelly: Hands down chicken wrap Thursday

Kaity: Potstickers

So make sure to check these two out at WB Mason; you cannot miss them… I promise! The girls next scrimmage is next Saturday (February 25th) against Roger Williams University!!! GO HILL!!

xo – L