Amy Szablak ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

This talented freshman is already making her mark on the Stonehill community. A member of Girls From the Hill and the Musical Theatre Club, Amy is currently in this semester’s production of Footloose. She plays Urleen, Ariel’s crazy friend who is always on the prowl for a man. Footloose will open at the end of February, so be sure to check it out and watch this celeb belt out classic songs such as “Holding Out for a Hero” and “Let’s Hear it for the Boy”.

Hometown: Tyngsboro, MA

Major: Communications

Dream musical theatre role: Christine from “Phantom of the Opera”

If you could make a guest appearance on any TV show, which show would it be?I would probably want to be on American Horror Story because all the characters have weird back stories and I would probably have a cool death scene.

Go to karaoke song: “Love on Top” by Beyonce

Would you rather change sex every time you sneeze or not be able to tell the difference between a baby and a muffin?I would pick not being able to tell the difference between a muffin and a baby because I’m not a big muffin person so I wouldn’t get into as many bad situations.

Favorite meal in the cafeteria: Taco Tuesday

Describe your roommate in one word: Energizer Bunny

Shout Outs: Shout out to my roommate Paige (love you!) and to all my O’Hara and Boland girls.

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.