This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

The Vow, staring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, is about an adorable couple named Paige and Leo who are completely in love. As with all Nicholas Sparks stories, there had to be some sort of tragedy. In this case, the couple gets into a car accident and she forgets the last four years of her life; she doesn’t even know who her own husband is. Her husband isn’t the only thing she forgets, she has also forgot why she dropped out of law school, moved to the city, became an artist, and left her ex-fiancé. The movie takes you through the story of how they met and fell in love, all along keeping the audience on the edge of their seat waiting and hoping that Paige will 
gain her memory back. Throughout the movie, she tries to remember and Leo does everything he can to try and make her life go back to normal but all she wants is to go back to the life she remembers. In the end, she ends up making the same choices a second time. She drops out of law school, enrolls in art classes and moves back to the city. The movie ends with her running into Leo and asking him if they can get to know each other again, leaving the audience thinking that just like the rest of her life; their relationship will fall back into place. The Vow gives hopeless romantics like me hope that there just might be such a thing as soul mates and destiny. It shows the audience that if something is meant to be, it will happen no matter what life throws at you. Even though it is a sad movie, it’s also a movie about love, hope, and second chances.