Truth in His Trousers: What His Underwear Says About Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Men’s Underwear, like the men that wear them, comes in all different shapes and sizes. What you might not know is that you can tell more about a man’s personality from his skivvies than you ever would on a first date. Their undergarments are a direct reflection of their innermost self because, let’s be honest, they’re the only ones seeing it most of the time. So before you rush into a relationship, make sure you get to know what’s under the surface, or more importantly, what’s underneath his pants.

Boxers

The “little black dress” of the underwear world, every man has them and they’re appropriate for almost any occasion. Men that wear boxers are traditionalist and don’t follow fashion trends. If you’re looking for a steady relationship that’s a little on the vanilla side, the boxer man is for you.

Boxer Briefs

Boxer briefs are essentially the best of both worlds. They offer men support but aren’t too constricting. The boxer briefs guy is cool, calm, and collected. This guy will always be there when you need him but not always when you want him. This is the ideal college boyfriend for the strong independent woman, but be careful, he might focus on his looks more than he focuses on you.

Trunks

These are the hot shorts of the men’s underwear world, and are usually paired with an equally hot guy. This growing European trend is taking the US by storm and has every college girl swooning for their own David Beckham. Watch out for these guys, they’re just as edgy as their trunks. It takes a certain kind of man to rock the trunks look and these guys will more than likely be very conceited and cocky. This is a great guy to take to a date function or use as arm candy at an event, but not boyfriend material. Wait until he matures into a boxer brief guy to date him!

Briefs

Or the more widely known, “tightie whities.” If he drops trou and you see these in all their shameful glory, RUN. This man is having a hard time letting go of his childhood behaviors and this is probably just one of his many coping mechanisms, and trust us, you don’t want to find out the others. This man will probably develop into a boxer man but you shouldn’t wait around for his transformation into an actual man. Go have fun with a trunks guy until briefs boy grows up.

Men are so willing to judge women on what we wear beneath our clothes, now their personal clothing is put under a microscope for women to pick through. Word to the wise, men can change their underwear but it doesn’t change who they are inside. Make sure you get to know them before delving into any serious relationship but use these as a red flag warning! If you’re looking for something hot and spicy but he’s a boxers guy, that isn’t going to happen . Find a guy who’s personal style and extremely personal style best compliment yours. And every girl should be with a trunk guy at least once in her life!

Single Girl is your typical college girl trying to survive college life on her own. She allows for a unique perspective on the inner workings of a single girl's brain and says things that every girl in a relationship is too scared or timid to say. Single Girl offers advice, reasoning, and a few funny stories of the trials of being single in college!