Tips to Grab His Attention

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

It’s almost Christmas time, which not only means holiday spirit, presents, snow, and treasured family time, but it also means that the boy you have been hanging out with lately might possibly want to be permanent cuddle buddies! 

While the holidays are times for couples to form, it is also ranked one of the top seasons for heartbreak. Regardless of what situation you find yourself in, you definitely want to look the best you can either to win your man’s heart or to look even better without him! 

Make-up is a key essential to creating a fabulous glowing look to your everyday appearance. One of the first things boys notice about girls is their eyes and smile. Hence, this week’s make-up tips that will create a lasting impression that will either win your new guys heart or make your ex beg for you back. 

For your eyes, there are only two products to create a WOW factor: a liquid or gel eyeliner, preferably in brown, and a mascara of your choice. 

Before you use these products, make sure all previously applied makeup removed. 

Take the eyeliner and place the tip on the top-middle section of your eyelid. Make a small line and gradually enlarge the width of the line as you make your way to the outer corner of your eye. If you are feeling a little rebellious, to create a more daring look, continue the eyeliner line past your eyelid in an upward shape to create the “cat eye” look. This look not only shows off the color of your eyes, but also makes your eyes pop and look bigger. Finish the look by using mascara on the top lashes. Strive to make your lashes look as long as possible by applying a coat of mascara, waiting for about five minutes then applying another coat. Two or three coats should do the job! Make sure to be careful while applying your mascara because the last thing your man wants to see if lumpy lashes. 

To complete your daring natural look you will need a nice lipstick. Yes, I know some people are practically scared of lipstick but with the perfect color for your skin tone and a little confidence, you can rock it! (Check our our style blog for the hot lip color of the season!) If the goal is to get his attention this holiday or make your ex wish he had you back, practice using these simple tools for a look that will grab anyone’s attention!

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!