Single Girl Diaries: Life After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Spring Break, the perfect time to get away from mundane Stetson life and relax after midterms, right? Wrong. Let’s be honest, most of us Single Girls took this week as an opportunity for some fun in the sun and meeting cute guys from other schools. The week was great: you only wore your bikini, guys bought you drinks, and heck, you may have thought you fell in love, but where do you go from here?

That first week back is an extreme reality check. You have to wear real clothes, can’t sleep all day, and should definitely return your drinking habits to their pre-spring break weekend routine.  Your body is going to have a rough time adjusting to being a functioning member of society again at 10 am but after that first week you’ll be back into the swing of things. Use this first week to live off of that confidence high you got from all the guys that hit on you, and laugh at all the great times you shared with your other single friends.

Heads Up Ladies: That boy you thought you thought you fell in love with on Spring Break is back on campus somewhere a thousand miles away. While he might have been all about you that week, you’re back in the real world where you both lead completely separate lives. You can try and make it work but just remember, there’s a reason summer romances hardly last. Don’t try and force the SBRelationship to work in the real world. If it happens, it happens. Don’t add any extra stress to yourself or the budding relationship by trying to relive your romance.

For any true Single Girl, SB2013 was more than likely one for the books. Your relationship friends are probably green with envy about all your juicy details, but remember you don’t want your fun spring break reputation to follow you back to school. My theme for SB2013? “What happens on Spring Break, stays on Spring Break.”

Xoxo, Single Girl

Single Girl is your typical college girl trying to survive college life on her own. She allows for a unique perspective on the inner workings of a single girl's brain and says things that every girl in a relationship is too scared or timid to say. Single Girl offers advice, reasoning, and a few funny stories of the trials of being single in college!