Have A Guilt Free Halloween! Eat Low Cal Candy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Have A Guilt Free Halloween

Yay! It’s that time of year again! We all love fall time and the yummy holidays that are coming up, but having some will power to get through Halloween can be tough. The childhood memories of dressing up in costumes and going trick-or-treating can trigger candy and chocolate cravings which were once okay, but now as an adult, all that candy is the scariest part of Halloween! Here are some healthier, but still yummy, treats you can enjoy on Halloween:

1) Dark Chocolate
Chocolate can be good for you, as long as you choose dark chocolate. You can get antioxidants and cure a chocolate craving all at the same time! York peppermint patty’s and Dove dark chocolate promises are perfect for curving a chocolate craving. If you don’t necessarily like dark chocolate, Hershey’s kisses can be a less guilty treat (only 75 cals for 3 kisses!) compared to other milk chocolates!

2) Lollipop, Lollipop
Lollipops may be high in sugar, but they are mostly low Cal and take a long time to eat so it stops you from chowing down on a million Skittles or Laffy Taffy. That’s why lollipops are such Halloween lifesavers! Dum Dums are only 25 calories per pop and Blow Pops, Caramel Apple Pops and Tootsie Pops are only 60 calories per pop! Lollipops keep your mouth busy, so there is no time for munching hard core out of the candy bowl!

3) Sugar-Free Candies
Halloween candy is loaded with sugar, but there are so many sugar free candies that you can eat without the sugar overload. Go sweet without the sugar with pumpkin Peeps, Sorbee lollipops, Lifesavers, Crystal Light hard candies, and Russell Stover chocolates!

4) Miniature Treats
Moderation is key on Halloween. If you want your favorite candy bar, opt for the miniature version of it! Excluding your favorite candy on Halloween would be pathetic; I mean c’mon it is Halloween!! Enjoy every bite, but just don’t go over board, these mini treats add up.

5) Fruit!
Eating fruit though out the day on Halloween can help you control your sweet tooth come nighttime. So if you can live without candy, but still have a sweet tooth, pick up a piece of fruit or even dried fruit in trail mix! You will be able to control your cravings and wake up feeling skinnier than if you had eaten those couple pieces of chocolate haunting you in the candy bowl!

Fun Fact! : October 30th is National Candy Corn Day. Each “kernel” has about 5 calories and its fat free! Yippee for candy corn!