The Colors of Spring 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Wearing the right colors for each season is crucial in every girls wardrobe when wanting to be a step ahead in fashion. I’m going to help you out and show the hottest new colors for your spring outfits!

The first of the newest colors of spring is called Tangerine Tango! The color is exactly how it sounds, like a tangerine bright orange. This is one of the most popular colors that will appearing in many runway shows of the leading designers. Just look at these beautiful bright outfits, from left to right starting with Charlotte Ronson, Tommy Hilfiger, Peter Som, and Derek Lam!

Next is called Solar Power! This color is super bright like the sun…its solar! It’s the perfect color for cute pants or even accessories to go along with the other fabulous colors of spring. Check out the ways this color is used!

A third amazing color to wear this season is Sodalite Blue! What’s best about this color is that it not only is a color to wear for outfits and accessories, but also for home decor! This color blue has been around many years and is making a huge bold comeback!

The Cabernet color is the seductive red for this season’s wardrobe! With this color, you must be careful to not be matchy matchy. Don’t pair this same color as to your shoes with dress and accessories. Use the variety of other colors of spring with this one.  If you want to add some bold luxury, choose Cabernet!!

Starfish 
color looks exactly like the color of a starfish. This is the natural color of spring; light beige that is very subtle when paired up with the flamboyant other colors, such as Solar Power! This color can be worn in a casual setting as well as an elegant evening look.

Not only a favorite drink, but also a favorite color for this season: Margarita! Sorry girls, but neon green is no longer the green to be going for. This beautiful key lime green color adds just enough pizzazz to any outfit that you wear!  As you can see, this color can be worn as clothing for chic accessories, such as the clutch on the left from Chloe!

Next is Sweet Lilac, and it certainly is sweet. This cute color for spring brings a sense of innocence with a streak of bold character for whoever wears it!! As seen in these street styles, it is mostly the only color used when in an outfit and not paired with any other of this year’s spring colors. It works best this way when using slightly different tones for this classy tone.

Driftwood
is the strangely unusual, yet stylish color for the spring. It is a mix between a dark olive and a slate charcoal grey. It is perfect when searching for a darker color to wear especially on some of those cloudy rain days when all you want to do is cuddle under the blankets with a nice hot cup of lavender tea!

Bellflower
is very similar to Sweet Lilac only that it is a bit darker with somewhat of a shade of a blue slate mixed in with the color. As seen for the picture to the left, it is the perfect nail color for a sleek night out or to add a bit of color from a clutch!

Lastly is Cockatoo!  This fun flirty color has a tone of aqua mixed with sea foam blue. It is the perfect color for an energetic shopping adventure or a cool beach night! This spring color is going to be a hit for this season’s new collections and for ready to wear outfits from all of the major designers such as Gucci, Chanel, and Prada.

Hope you love this season’s newest colors to be hitting the streets as much as I do! Chose one as your all time fav? Leave us a comment and share which color you think with make a hit to take a belly flop in the pool of worst fashion!