5 Ways to Make it to Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Are you in the mid-semester slump? I know everyone else is wondering if this semester is EVER going to end. Ever since fall break, we have all kind of slacked off a bit and now that Thanksgiving is coming up, finals are approaching faster than we think! Not to mention, this is about that time when the professor’s start slipping in as much work as they can before the end of the semester. As much as we all want to just crawl back in our beds, and sleep for the rest of the day, we have to keep trudging through the rest of this semester! Check out our tips below for ending the semester on a good note!

Manage your time. We are all super busy and put off homework until the very last second, but don’t waste too much of your time. Once you finally get the chance to sit down, you will get your homework done faster than you think! If you really focus, you’ll get your work completed in no time!

Make study groups and do homework with friends. You can push each other and learn more information.  If you are doing homework, help each other out and actually complete the assignments given. If you have a test coming up, quiz each other and learn much more than you would if you studied by yourself.

Find secret spots around campus to study. There’s nothing more annoying than being stuck in the library doing homework. Not only is the thermostat set to zero, but it is almost a social scene rather than a study location. Instead, find a spot outside in the fresh air. In the case that you need a computer, there are labs in basically every building with only a handful of students, most of which are quiet.

Take breaks! If you have a LOT of homework, don’t worry about getting it all done in one sitting. It really helps to take mini breaks to give your brain a breather. Get up, move around, and stretch. Take a walk and listen to some music. If you get your head off your work for about 15 minutes, you’ll be able to come back refreshed. You’llfeel so much better and will be able to focus more when you get back to your work.

If you need to, don’t worry about skipping one night on the town. You are going to college to get an education, not to see who can party the most. If you’re really stressed about missing one night of going out – obviously, you should get your work done beforehand, however, this is Deland and it is not like you would be missing that much. Let’s be real – every night is the same and you can afford to miss one night for some homework.

Most importantly, Remember to stay positive! You can get through this semester. We are all having a hard time making it through, but there’s only 6 weeks until finals! That’s plenty of time to pull any grades up, and get back on track before the end of the semester. Even though it sucks, this semester will eventually end and then it will be winter break and then we can all just relax and have a fab time! But until then, keep your head up! You are almost there!

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!
 I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!