Top 4 Romantic Movies to Binge on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

I will be the first to admit that I don’t have a Valentine this year. However, I am also the first to admit that it is perfectly okay to be in some fuzzy pajamas by yourself and bask in the glorious glow of your favorite movie playing on the television set. With that said this is my top four movie recommendations to get your binge on for Valentine’s Day!

1. Me Before You (2016)

This tale by Jojo Moyes recounts the love story between a quirky young girl named Louisa Clark and the stoic quadriplegic Will Traynor. Louisa comes to the Traynor family in search of a job to help support her down-on-their-luck family. Quickly she realizes there is more to Will then just his disabilities and the two hit it off. How long will it last though when it is revealed that Will has been hiding a life changing secret that affects everyone he knows?

2. Safe Haven (2013)

Katie Feldman is a girl on the run; on the run from both herself and her past. What happens when she ends up running into a young widower named Alex and his adorable children Lexie and Josh? Will she be able to move forward with her life and reclaim the happiness she deserves? Or will her past catch up with her causing trouble for the people she loves?

3. Hitch (2005)

As a man who makes a living by secretly helping out his fellow men with their love lives, Hitch is used to being the one in charge. However it all goes up in smoke when he is discovered to be helping a lawyer, Albert, win the heart of big time celebrity Allegra Cole. To make matters worse the woman Hitch is falling in love with is the one hot on his case, unaware that the man she loves might just be the biggest player of them all.

4. Warm Bodies (2013)

What would you do if your undead heart started beating again at the mere sight of a living human being? R has been an undead zombie for as long as he can remember. As a matter of fact he cannot remember any time he was not wondering around an airport with only his friend M. However, this all changes when a group of survivors come to raid the place and a surprised R saves them from the other zombies. As time passes, R and his human soulmate, Julie, begin to realize that love might be a cure for the rapidly spreading disease. Though zombies might not be the worst things they have to worry about in this post-apocalyptic world.

A person who is very bad at writing bios but pretty decent at writing articles.
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.