This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Although this winter seems to be never-ending, it technically is spring! Spring is one of my favorite seasons, right behind summer. April, May, and June are such happy times of the year because everything shifts from cold and grey, to warm and colorful. One of my favorite parts about springtime is switching my closet from sweaters to dresses! Spring fashion is so fun and versatile; floral prints, light layers, rain boots, cropped jeans – all in bright colors and a much lighter wear! That’s why I cannot wait for this cold spell to end. Here, I’ve listed just a few of my spring essentials because I’m way too anxious to wait for warm weather any longer! Spring, WYA??

1. Ripped Boyfriend Jeans

No shame here – I love my “mom jeans.” I used to HATE wearing jeans until I found this style. Jeggings are too tight for my liking, so these looser fit jeans are not only more comfortable, but they allow me to create unique outfits. Boyfriend jeans can be worn all year round (and trust me, I do), but the distressed style specifically is perfect for spring.

2. Utility Jackets

The perfect swap for your heavy winter coat! Utility jackets are the star of any layered look. They add another layer of warmth for the chillier mornings and are so versatile that you could wear it again and again with the outfit having a completely new look each time. 

3. Birkenstocks

My mom may despise them, but I’m a little too in love with my Birks. When I first bought them, I was worried they wouldn’t match many pieces from my wardrobe. But, it turns out they literally go with anything. Birkenstocks are my staple piece during the warm months and I can’t wait for my annual new pair to come in!

4. Layered Jewelry

Jewelry is essential for me every season, but I especially love layering it up during the warmer months. Spring outfits provide more opportunities to have fun while accessorizing! Layering similarly designed necklaces or stacking bracelets can add an extra pop to your already fab outfit.

5. Jean Skirts

Denim skirts are something I’ve been waiting all winter to wear! These skirts have become so popular over the last few years, and I can definitely understand why. They are fun to style and again, are so interchangeable. You can either dress them up or down based on how you’re feeling that day.

6. Rain Boots

April showers typically carry over throughout the entire spring season, so rainboots are a must! My favorite brand is definitely Hunter because they are durable and come in any color you could imagine. Rain boots can be paired perfectly with either a comfy or chic look. Not to mention they keep your feet nice and dry. Heck, with these you could jump through all the puddles you want – what’s better than that??

7. Sunglasses

You will rarely see me without sunglasses holding my hair back any time the sun is out, or even if it’s not tbh. Sunglasses are a fun way to accessorize and are obviously very functional. They can be worn on your eyes (duh), in your hair, clipped onto your shirt, or even hanging out of your purse. A spring essential for sure!

8. Bright Colored Purses

Since it’s spring, this is the perfect time to showcase bright colors in any way we can. Purses can add a pop of color to any look! My favorite purse has always been and probably will always be from Kate Spade. She releases whimsically designed and brightly colored purses all year long, but I find myself wearing mine most whenever the world reflects the same vibe.

I hope that these fashion statements have you as excited for spring to truly begin as I am! We all have different tastes, but I think we can all agree that springtime is far easier to dress for because we don’t have to get all bundled up to bear the cold any longer! I’d love to see some of the spring outfits you come up with. Tag our Instagram (@hcstvincent) in photos of your favorite looks, you may just see yourself pop up on our page ;)

HCXO and Happy Spring!

Ash

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!