Number 5: Coy Patterson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Coy Patterson, Jr. 

Major: Criminology 

Year(class): Junior 

Hometown: Eustis, Florida 

Birthday: 6/6/96 

Why did you choose your major and what would you like to do after graduation? 

I chose criminology because I have always been fascinated with the justice system. Shows such as Law & Order and CSI Miami intrigue me. As of right now, after graduation, I would like to work in I would like to work in a prison.

What college did you attend before SVC? Why’d you choose to transfer to SVC instead? 

I’m from Indian River State College, in Fort Pierce, Florida. I chose SVC because I wanted to get out of Florida and see a new side of the country. It was pretty cool seeing my first snow, too!

You’ve had a pretty successful basketball season thus far! How long have you been playing basketball? (Good luck in the Championship!)

I’ve actually been playing basketball seriously since about 5th or 6th grade! 

If you could take away one form of advice from this season, what would it be? 

One thing I could take away from this season…hmm… stay positive, lots of ups and downs in the season but stay persistent and it all works out for the better good. 

Since you’re on the market, what do you look for in a significant other? 

Honesty is a big for me, and being able to completely trust the person. Someone that I just click with, everything comes natural nothing forced, that’s what I would want. Also, someone who is outgoing, smart, challenges me, and most importantly helps me grow as a person. 

Are there certain standards the girl you chose to date must have? If so, do you mind to share some? 

Honestly, I’m really detail oriented takes a lot for me to date. One standard I guess would be just carry yourself in a way that is respectful and so that people remember you in a positive way. 

What is an interesting fact about you? 

I have one kidney! 

Do you have any siblings? If so, how many? 

I have three siblings, two brothers, one baby sister. 

Names: Coivon (17), Tyree (13), Malaysia (5 months) 

Who is your role model in life and why? 

It would have to be my mom, she’s just the strongest person I know and always gives me timely advice when I need it.

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!