This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Finals week has been creeping its way toward us all for the last several weeks. We could feel it itching closer as the parties got shorter, the study sessions were longer, and the coffee was stronger. Now, it is finally here. Exams will be at 8:30 when the class is usually at 2:00 and that’s something you’ll never understand. Your roommate will be done with finals three days before you are and get to live it up for one last time. Don’t forget about “food for thought,” it’s free food! So, just like any psychological process, there are stages of thought. Let’s examen the 7 stages of finals week so we know what we are in for!

1. Shock

This feeling probably is reminscent of the one you felt when Donald Trump was elected president, or when you actually did good on an essay that was complete b.s.

2. Denial

I like to think of this stage as the “I’m just going to sit here and sip on my margarita and act like everything is fine” type of thing. 

3. Bargaining 

Okay, so if you HAVE to do your study guide during the weekend, finish it by Sunday morning to catch bottomless Mimosas for one last time.

4. Guilt

So, if you went out for bottomless mimosas you probably didn’t get any work done until at least 7pm on Sunday and you’re feeling a little guilty right about now.

5. Anger

Yes, that is your alarm going off for your 8:30am final on Monday morning. Enjoy!

6. Depression

Well, the week is seeming to never end. Morale is low, the coffee in your cup is lower. 

7. Acceptance/Hope

After all the feelings of re-evaluating your future life plans, you’ve come to accept it. You studied what you studied, you circled what you circled, and you wrote what you wrote. The only last bit of hope you have in you is that your professor likes to round. If not, you’ve just come to accept it.

Finals week can be a real drag, and these seven stages are all too real. But, remember SVC is a place where you grow, where your friends become your family, and where your professors will smile and eat dinner with you even though you just failed your test. 

Good luck out there Bearcats, it’s your time to shine!

*All alcohol references are for our readers 21 and over. If you’re not, just replace with Starbucks! 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!