People of St. Olaf: Megan Hussey ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Photo courtesy of Megan Hussey (pictured above)

Year: 2020 (sophomore)

Major: Psychology and Women’s & Gender Studies

Favorite class: Currently, psychopathology

Favorite study spot: 5th floor of Rolvaag

Favorite caf food: Cocoa dyno bites (the cereal)

Favorite St. Olaf memory: Making my friend, Bria, laugh so hard she started vomiting everywhere on our friend’s carpet

Favorite artist: It’s always changing, but right now I’d have to say Kesha because of her outstanding new album that I still listen to on repeat.

Ice cream or sorbet?

Ice cream

Is there anything at St. Olaf that you look forward to pursuing more?

I really want to get involved in research in the psychology department, hopefully creating a study that combines my two majors. I’m also super excited to study abroad (hopefully) next fall!

How has St. Olaf helped you develop your future plans?

The Piper Center has been super helpful (no joke) with retreats and seminars to help me consider different career choices. They were also very helpful in securing me an internship last summer with the nonprofit womenwinning in St. Paul.

How has the Hill helped you further a passion in your life?

The Hill has allowed me to meet so many different kinds of people, while also connecting me with those that have very similar interests and ideas. I can be very good friends with chemistry majors, but also have a wonderful community within the women’s and gender studies department I can go protest at the capitol with. In short, the Hill has been fantastic in connecting me with communities to foster all my different passions.