This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Brandon Cash, class of 2016!

What is your major(s)? I am a B.M. Elective Studies and B. A. Psychology double degree candidate.

Where are you living this year? I live in Hill-Kitt! #2for1 #doublethefun

How are you involved on campus? I am the Student Hall Coordinator for Hill-Kitt and am in my third year in Residence Life! In SGA I am the Marketing and Communications Director and serve on the Student Senate. I also sing bass in the St. Olaf Choir!

What is the best thing you’ve learned during your time at Olaf? I think the best thing I have learned while on the hill is the importance of reflecting on your experiences and how you can use those experiences to learn more about yourself. Also that I am enough – that I really am good enough to follow my passions!

What do you plan to do following graduation? After I graduate I hope to go in to graduate school next year studying student affairs and higher education. My end goal is to be a Dean of Students.

Favorite Prof? There are too many! One of my favorite professors is Professor Epstein in the Music Department. I had him for American Music History and he made the subject matter come alive. One of the best classes I’ve ever had!

If you could name one person at Olaf to be a future president of the US of A, who would it be and why? I think I would name VP Kneser.  I think he is a great leader and I love his sense of humor. I think he would make a great president. If not him, I think Mack, the Boe Chapel custodian would be a great leader to look up to as he’s just a fantastic human being!

Any advice to the younger students? Take it all in and live in the present. Your time at Olaf will go by quickly so invest in the relationships you’ve established and seek out the experiences that you desire to have while you can. Build your St. Olaf experience and make it a great one.

Where is your favorite place on campus? My favorite spot on campus is probably the swing behind Ellingson. I love to just sit there and think. I also love the Art Barn and going to visit the cows from the natural lands.

Photos used with permission from Brandon.