photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Caught on Campus: Caf Turns Magical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

On Thursday, November 18th, the Caf was transformed from our typical dining spot to a magical experience! Complete with stereotypical duels in the aisles, Harry Potter jumping over chairs chasing the golden snitch, Burtie Botts Every Flavor Beans, “house” tables, and the air of anticipation for the midnight premiere of “The Deathly Hallows” part 1: Oles dressed up and got in the spirit. 

Candles set the perfect ambiance for a mystical evening.

Anyone catch the Hogwarts Express? 

The dinner received RAVE reviews.

Even the profs got in on the fun!

*All pictures were taken from an open facebook “like” page created by St. Olaf students who posted over 150 photos! The “like” page is called “St. Olaf Hogwarts 2010.” 589 students have “liked” it already!

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.