Campus Celebrity Nathalie Kenny ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.
Meet Nathalie Kenny ’16!

Where are you living this year? Ytterboe

How are you involved on campus? I’m on the Alpine Ski Team, Board of Regents Student Committee, and Residence Life (was also on ADC and Student Athletic Advisory Board)

What is the best thing you’ve learned during your time at Olaf? Balance in life is the key to true happiness, and career success on its own will not suffice.

What do you plan to do following graduation? Work in business – sales, business management, analytics… not exactly sure yet. And continue studying Mandarin Chinese.

If you could name one person at Olaf to be a future president of the US of A, who would it be and why? Tha – she’d keep shit in line. No extra fruit for you!

Any advice to the younger students? Work smarter, not harder. 

Have you studied abroad, If so where? Beijing, China and Tokyo, Japan and Tianjin, China and Shanghai, China and Hong Kong and Singapore

Favorite Class at St. Olaf and why? Chinese. It is useful, applicable to world affairs, fun to learn, challenging, and the professors are great.

Where is your favorite place on campus? Stav Hall – you get food, a study break, and you get to spend time talking with friends.

What is your major(s)? Environmental Studies with Social Science emphasis and Asian Studies with China Studies concentration