This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Sometimes, we just don’t have time to wash, curl, or straigten our hair. With some warmer and busier months coming up, let’s explore some creative ways to use scarves and headbands to control our hair, which sometimes has a mind of its own.

1. Hippie- Style Headband: This look is great with day-after curls or that dirty beach hair. I like to add a bit of sea salt spray to achieve the look. The wavy texture adds a bit of a bohemian vibe to your look. All you have to do is wrap the scarf around your head and tie in the back.

2. I Wanna be a Rock Star: Take some inspiration from Lady Gaga. With stick-straight hair or even messy hair, this is a great way to add a little edge to your look. Just take a bandana, fold it into a triangle, and fold it up until you have a rectangle that is a few inches wide. Finally, tie around your forehead with the knot at the back of the head.

3. The Empowered Woman: This is my summer go-to look when it is 100 degrees out, and I haven’t been able to wash my hair. Just pin your hair up in the back of your head. The fold the bandana into a triangle and know all three corners together on top of your head, like Rosie the Riveter.

4. The Girly Bow: This one is simple and is a very feminine way to wear a bandana. Usually, I prefer it when my hair is braided or up in a bun. Take your bandana and fold it into a triangle. Then, twist it up from one end to the other (or just fold it up). Wrap it around your head starting from the nape of your neck and tie it in a knot near your hairline. Don’t forget to leave the ends out so it looks like a bow!

5. Turban Style: This one works with a long silk scarf and is great for hair that is a few days old. Take the scarf, one end in each hand, and place the center of it at the nape of your neck. Next, bring the ends forward to the top of your forehead and twist them around each other once. Bring the end back down to your neck and knot. Don’t forget to tuck in the ends!

Photo Credits: Google Images

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.