Unleashing Your Inner Kid In the Warm Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

We all love the warm weather… that’s why we came to SLU, right?! Over it. Anyways, the Spring has its oh so glorious days where all we want to do is lay out on the quad and soak up that sun we’ve been missing (for way too long). Here are great ways to have fun in the sun and “unleash the inner kid” we all know is in there somewhere.  

Balloon Fights

Make it a sneak attack or gather up a bunch of friends to participate. Nothing screams childhood quite like pegging exploding water bombs at your friends! Whether it’s a sneak attack, or a full out war with a group of friends, nothing screams childhood fun like pegging exploding water bombs at your friends!

Blow Up Pool

Cool off and splash around in your Dollar Store kiddie pool. Sources tell me there are some waterspouts around campus that can fill up that seahorse covered inflatable.

Slip and Slide

Find a spot on campus that is not littered with glass or bottle caps and let loose on those warm Sunday afternoons!

Take a Bike Ride

Ride around Canton, explore the nature trails, or just ride from class to class. This is quite the opportunity to show off your skills of riding with no hands (we all know you practiced that relentlessly in your youth). P.S. The science library has bikes available for all students to rent!

Foursquare

Find a patch of blacktop and some sidewalk chalk and you’ve got yourself the arena to settle old childhood rivalries. GAME ON!

Wiffle Ball

Grab a dollar from your back pocket and head to the store to pick up your wiffle ball supplies. It’s not hard to get a group of friends rallied around the idea of having a quick 9 inning game on the quad!

Take advantage of these next few weeks and your time you have with all your friends! Spend as much time outside as possible and don’t be afraid to explore new (or old) games!

Emily is a Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Biology and Business. She is the Vice President of Finance at her sorority, Delta Delta Delta. Sackets Harbor, NY is the small, lakeside village she calls home. When she's not committing time to her pre-dental studies, Emily can be found baking in the kitchen of her sorority house or dong something active outside. She loves dogs, food, and all things with glitter.
Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!