jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Stay Motivated in the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

How to stay motivated in the winter months

Winter is coming! Time to buckle your seatbelts and strap on your motivational cap! Just because it’s getting colder outside doesn’t mean it’s time to get lazy. Need some help? Keep on reading for some tips and tricks on how to stay motivated this winter in the NoCo.

Embrace it

It is easy to get caught up and to lose motivation if you don’t have the right mindset about the winter season. Although it may be a little darker and a little colder, remaining positive is the first step to staying motivated!

Creds: Tumblr.com

Treat ‘yo self

In the dead of winter, under the scarves and turtlenecks, is anyone really going to see the 3 pounds you put on eating cookies while writing an essay in bed? Nope. If that isn’t really your style, something as simple as a latte or tea from the Pub between classes to warm up can help you keep grinding.

Creds: Imugr.com

Make a playlist

Sometimes the right music can be the little push you need to keep going. You can check out our article “5 Songs to Add to Your Study Playlist” for some tips, or look on Spotify for some extra help if you need it. Also, winter constitutes the appropriate time to listen to Christmas music, so embrace it!

Creds: tumblr.com

Find different activities to try

With snow blanketing the ground, it’s not as easy to go for a quick run after class as the gym magically seems to be so much farther away than it was in September. However, use the snow to your advantage! You can try skiing or snowboarding if they’re not already one of your passions because there are so many mountains close to campus. Or, you can go sledding right outside your dorm! Before disregarding sledding as a workout, try walking back up the hill without getting winded…

Creds: 4GIFs.com

Remember…

If all else fails, something to help you keep pushing is that the winter brings Christmas, New Year’s, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa- which in turn brings jolliness, joy, and cookies!

Creds: Giphy.com