20 Things You Can Do On Spring Break: Staycation Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

Home isn’t a terrible place to be during spring break. It allows you to catch up with everything you’ve been missing out during the busy semester of college. Here are 20 things you could do to freshen up, to keep your brain functioning, and to be able to say you spent your spring break well.

1. Want to be adventurous? Find out what cool parks, monuments, or other natural resources your hometown, state, or nearby places may have. 

2. Want a summer body? This would be a perfect start to getting used to working out. 

4. Start a Youtube channel! All the time you have on your hands could go to creating a totally new outlet for you. 

5. Pick up photography skills! Wouldn’t you want to gain more Instagram followers if your pics went up a notch?

6. Missing the arts? Go on a museum date or better yet, an art museum. There’s nothing cooler than looking at paintings that make you question what life even is.

7. Kill awesome time by hanging out at a rollerblading rink and catching up with your old skates.

8. Pick up your high school instrument again! What a perfect time to spend getting the old music rhythm back in your hands.

9.  Is your college dorm starting to look a bit dull? Go on Pinterest and find awesome DIY dorm decor!

10. You must never get to read for fun. Head to the local library or download a book online and start reading the latest novel.

11. Go on dates with bae! Take your partner out for an ice cream date, movie date, dance date, etc.

12. Take yourself on a shopping spree! While doing this, snap the outfits you try out for the fun of it. 

13. Find new Youtube channels that interest you and subscribe! Now you’ll have a longer list of vids to procrastinate with.

14. Check into a hotel and use their pool, hot-tub, or even sauna! It’s a mini-vacation close to home…

15. Plan the rest of your college semester. Don’t feel so stressed coming back to classes. Take this time to schedule out times that benefit you more than they did the first half of the semester. 

16. Call all your friends who are on a staycation and plan a house party. Why not get rowdy at home? It’ll be just as fun. 

17. Become an expert chef. Pull out interesting recipes and try them out. Time in the kitchen is always worth spending!

18. Take a road trip to your besties place, visit their campus, and have a blast while hanging out with them as you rarely get to see them!

19. APPLY FOR INTERNSHIPS, JOBS, AND OTHER ADULT THINGS. Now, that would be a smart use of time. 

20. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Need I say more? 

Not everyone gets the chance to go to a warm part of the world to have an exciting spring break, but that doesn’t mean staying home should not be exciting. Time is valuable, do the most you can with it! 

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.