The Top 6 Moments of Fall/Winter 2015 New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

1. Kanye’s (and North West’s) Fashion Week Debut

This season, Kanye West teamed up with Adidas to produce a collection for the Fall/Winter fashion season. This highly critiqued collection featured muted tones, full body stockings and oversized pieces. This was also the show that Kanye’s daughter, North West, made her Fashion Week debut with this now famous tantrum next to Beyoncé and Anna Wintour

2. The Street Style

The runway isn’t the only place to turn for upcoming trends. As usual, the New York street fashion was on point this runway season. 

3. Pretty in Plaid

Fall 2015 is the perfect time to break out your family tartan as fashion week explodes with plaid and checkers patterns. 

(From Left to Right: Coach, Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim.)

4. That 70s Show

Many designers, from Jill Stuart to Rebecca Minkoff, felt 70s vibes this runway season. 

(From Left to Right: Frame Denim, Jill Stuart, Zimmerman, Rebecca Minkoff)

5. A Fashion Show For All

This season the FTL Moda runway featured models with disabilities in a ‘Made in Italy’ themed fashion show. Models strutted their stuff in wheel chairs, with canes, and with prosthetic legs. The show was put on in partnership with ‘Models of Diversity,’ and organization that works to promote greater diversity in fashion, and Fondazione Vertical, a foundation that works to cure spinal cord injuries. 

6. Life After Oscar de la Renta

This runway season marked the first Oscar de la Renta fashion show since the passing of Oscar in October 2014 due to cancer. Before passing, Oscar named Peter Copping as the label’s Creative Director. All eyes were on Copping this runway season, and he surely did not disappoint. Copping kept to Oscar’s use of appliqué flowers and employed similar silhouettes but added a twist of his own. From graphic tweeds to a greater number of cocktail dresses, this show had many relieved and excited for the future of Oscar de la Renta.