Top 5 Pump Up Songs for Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Exam season is upon us unfortunately, and nothing can really make the pain of this time any better. One thing that does help a little, however, is a well-stocked playlist – one full of upbeat, powerful songs that get you ready to move and ready to crush any obstacle in your way. So without further ado, here are my top five recommendations as based off of my own playlist. Fair warning, I listen to a LOT of Beyoncé…. 

1. “My Shot,” Hamilton Mixtape or the Original Soundtrack

I LOVE this song – both the Broadway version and the remix. They both have incredibly catchy tunes and meaningful lyrics that really make me not throw away my shot. (Punny) It’ll get you ready to not only dismantle the discrimination in our daily lives but also get you going to ace your exams.

[Image: Buzzfeed]

2. “Run the World,” Beyoncé

A true classic – we do run the world.  There’s really not much to say other than take time to look and marvel at all the power poses in this video…

[Image: YouTube]

3. “Salute,” Little Mix

This one used to be my go-to workout song, but it’s also amazing at motivating you to stay studying and to believe in yourself. Also the costumes are amazing. I want all of these black clothes.

[Image: Hollywire]

4. “Work B**ch,” Britney Spears

This is my top motivational song when I just need someone to remind me “to work, b**ch”. Another catchy song with another interesting music video – there’s a pseudo orgy at one point, as per every Britney video. But also, yet again, so many power poses..

[Image: B Scott]

5. “Formation,” Beyoncé 

This video is the crème de la crème of power and badass women, and another soon-to-be (and hopefully Grammy winning) classic. Again, take some time to just gasp in awe of their outstanding power poses and let that strength seep through the screens and into your lives. Unleash your inner Beyoncé. 

[Image: Cosmopolitan]

Enjoy the music and I hope they bring some power and inspiration to your life! Good luck, St Andrews!

Meena Nayagam

St. Andrews

I am an American medical student at the University of St Andrews, Scotland. I have been an avid writer for several years, focusing mainly on creative writing. But I hope to be more involved in our university's culture, particularly by bringing interesting information to all of our students!