This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

BASICS

Name: Ross Ewing

Year: First Year

Degree: Geography

Hometown: Crieff, Perthshire

FAVORITES

Book: One Hundred Days by Admiral Sandy Woodward

Chick FlickPitch Perfect

Song: “9 – 5” by Dolly Parton

Place in St Andrews: Costa Coffee…

Sports Team: Scotland Rugby Team

Midnight Snack: Anything Dervish

Cheesy Quote: “Aca-what?”

CAMPUS LIFE

What campus activities are you involved in: Music Society; Member of the Symphony Orchestra and Wind Band; Brass Music Scholar; Member of the Royal Navy at university on a sponsored undergraduate scheme

Plans for post-grad life: I want to serve twelve years as an officer in the Royal Navy working as a Warfare (Hydrograhy & Meteorology) Officer. Then, I would like to rise through the ranks and make a long career out of the Royal Navy. However, I am also looking at careers in the Secret Intelligence Services (MI5 and MI6) and in politics.

Best study spot: Library

Something on your St Andrew’s bucket list: Living with my pug, Monty, for at least one of the years I have left at St Andrews.

LOVE LIFE

Relationship Status: Otherwise engaged…

Ideal Date: Anna Kendrick

Deal Breaker: Hatred of Pitch Perfect

Deal Maker: Love for pugs

OTHER

Dream job: Captain, Britannia Royal Naval College of the Royal Navy

Cats or dogs: Dogs

Celebrity crush: Anna Kendrick

Secret talent: I play the accordion. 

Three things you can’t live without: My accordion, pugs, and musicals

Guilty pleasure: Love a bit of Eastenders or any soap…

Lizard or Brew Pub: Brew Pub

Dream dinner party guests: Her Majesty the Queen, Prince Philip, Kate and Will, and Anna Kendrick

Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter. 
Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews