Five Fall Trends Destined to Amp Up your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

1. The “Lady” Loafer

Yes, we all love channeling that classic schoolgirl look with a pair of penny loafers and knee socks. BUT, this fall loafers are back… with a heel. It adds just a touch more sophistication to any outfit, and let’s be honest, when has a woman ever said no to heels?

2. Mini skirts… in the daytime

That’s right- this look is no longer reserved for late night dates and dances, and why should it be? We love our legs, and we’ll show them off when we want.

3. Tough from the Toes Up

Black ankle boots are all the rage this fall, and with so many different choices ranging from suede, leather, perforated, and even embellished, every woman has the option to add a little edge to her outfit.

4. High-Waisted…Everything

Whether it’s pants or shorts worn over a darling pair of tights, anything past the belly button is IN. This trend is super slimming, very flattering, and très sexy as it not only elongates your legs but also makes your mid section teeny tiny.

5. PLAID

Let’s just say this, red is definitely the new black. Wave goodbye to the standard all-black outfit and say HELLO to a pop of color this fall. Tartan all the way!!!

Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter. 
Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews