andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ardan Thornhill ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

Name: Ardan Thornhill

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Classification: Freshman

Hometown: Picayune, Mississippi

HC: Current relationship status?

Ardan: “Just kind of single. Not really looking for anything, but whatever happens, happens!”

HC: Ideal date?

Ardan: “I’d enjoy something casual. I’m not a high maintenance girl. The flowers, candles, dinner thing…cheesy! I give points for creativity, not for how much money is put forth. Art walks, music events, local things that are engaging would be fine.”

HC: Favorite movie?

Ardan: “Oooh. That is a toughie. Can I think on it? Haha.” *30 minutes later* “So many good films out there! Probably will go with a classic like The Graduate, though. It’s just a timeless movie and Katharine Ross is one of the most beautiful women that ever lived.”

HC: Celebrity crush?

Ardan: “Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I may be biased becase he did debut in my life as the heartbroken, sensitive and dimpled Tom Hansen, but he’s really proved himself a great actor. Latest film I’ve seen involving him was Lincoln, in which he played Robert Todd Lincoln. His performance was on point! He’s also some sort of a musician on the side…and I kind of have a thing for dimples.”

HC: Dimples, eh? So is that the first physical feature you see on a guy? Or is it the smile? 

Ardan: “I notice smiles, definitely. Nice teeth do a lot for a person…and bad things do a lot for a person, but not necessarily anything desirable. Dimples get major point up. They could even make a rat cute! Granted, the primary feature I look for is a sense of humor and intelligence.”

HC: If you could give any advice to a future boyfriend, what would it be?

Ardan: “I really hate small talk. I just don’t like that run-around. I prefer real conversation. I also like coffee and surprises!”

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Ardan:  “I have a number of hobbies, it really all depends on my mood. If I feel like being alone, I’ll paint, read, or listen to music. I take long drives; I love getting out and going to events, trying new things!”

HC: Are you more of a books or movie kind of gal?

Ardan: “If I’m alone, I read. If I’m with people, I watch a movie. Simple as that. It would be a weird time if we were all hanging out and reading out loud to each other like a kindergarten class.”

HC: Favorite holiday/time of year? 

Ardan: “I love love loooooove autumn! Nice weather and the changing colors of the leaves.”

HC: Biggest pet peeve?

Ardan: “Pretension. Just get over yourself.”

HC: Biggest turn-on?

Ardan:  “I love a guy with intelligence and humor. Wit is just the most attractive quality in a person.”