This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Name: Tori Beach

Year: Senior

Hometown: Mount Pleasant, SC

Major: Sport & Entertainment Management

Minor: Dance

Meet our Campus Celebrity of the week, Tori Beach! She is a current senior at USC and dancer on the Carolina Girls.

How long have you been dancing for USC?

Just three years. I transferred here my sophomore year from Columbia College.

Did you dance before college?

“I’ve danced for 18 years. My whole life. My mom put me into dance when I was young because she was athletic and wanted to see me doing all the sports she loved, and I just followed suit. Eventually I realized that dancing was my passion.”

What’s an average Monday for you like?

5:30 AM – Wake up. Up & at ‘em

6:15 AM – Work out at Carolina Crossfit

7:30 AM – Shower, eat, go to class and carry out the day!

And on Tuesdays, we have practice instead of workout.

2:00 PM – Get out of class

3:00 PM – Go home, eat, study

6:30 – 9 PM – Practice at Colonial Life Arena

What’s your favorite part about dancing on Gameday?

“There’s a lot. It’s really cliché, I know, but everything. Down to cheering for the gamecocks, taking pictures with fan…you feel apart of the game before, during, and after. It’s incredible.

Do you ever get scared you’re going to get hit by a football?

I actually have before, but I’m honestly more scared of being run over by a football player. Or have a basketball knock me out, since were eye-level with the things.

Do you prefer dancing during basketball or football season?

Well football’s my favorite sport to watch, but I’ve really grown to love watching basketball! But I think I’m gonna have to go with football because of the fans and the atmosphere. It’s truly wild to be on that field every Saturday during the fall.

Do you want to dance after college?

Yeah, I do. I want to dance professionally after school. I don’t know how to word this exactly but I would like to move out to LA and dance in that kind of environment. But if that were short lived, I would try dancing on cruise ships so I can travel, or one day try out for a professional football team.

Any advice for girls who want to be on the Carolina Girls?

I would say other than being properly trained, definitely have a positive attitude. A lot of girls who are on the team now didn’t make the first cut, but continued training and tried out again and made it. Always strive to be your best; it may not be your time one year, and but next year it could be yours! So never give up, and never stop smiling.

Gillian Kerner

South Carolina

Sophomore at the real USC (go cocks). Media Arts/Advertising Major. I like pretending I'm a southerner (shoutout to the 203), leftovers and getting favorites on my tweets. Yeah, I said what you secretly think.