Taylor Halle ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Name: Taylor Halle

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism

Minor: Fashion Merchandising

Hometown: Gaithersburg, MD

What’s your favorite memory at USC so far?

“As cliché as this is, all of the football tailgates and games. I love them because you’re able to forget about all the stress of your classes or jobs and just have fun with your friends. Go cocks!!”

What are you involved with on campus?

“I’ve been playing for USC’s women’s club soccer team since my freshman year. This year I was Vice President of the team, which meant helping plan practices, booking hotels for tournaments, and generally setting an example for younger players. I had also been involved with Garnet & Black since my freshman year and was most recently one of their Web Editors, but stopped after first semester of this year to focus more on my classes.”

Favorite Restaurant in Columbia?

“I’ve recently become obsessed with Publico. Their menu options are endless, and everything I’ve had has tasted amazing. They offer everything from tacos, to ramen bowls and shrimp burgers, and of course, they have a great beer selection.”

Current favorite thing in your closet?

“Definitely my leather jacket I recently bought from ASOS. The sleeves are tight and it’s cropped, so it looks pretty badass. Leather jackets are a staple piece so it’s easy to match with anything, and it makes me feel confident whenever I wear it.”

One thing you could never live without?

“Probably my Soundcloud, since I’m obsessed with finding new music. I like that platform because they have really cool remixes that you can’t get on Spotify or iTunes, and you can browse any genre you could think of.”

What are you excited about doing this summer?

“I recently accepted a position as a copywriter intern for Barneys NY in New York, so I’m pretty much on cloud nine.  I worked in the city last summer for a magazine and fell in love, so I’m extremely excited to be able to go back.”

What’s on your college bucket list?

“Probably sing at a bar during karaoke night. I’m typically pretty shy in front of big groups of people, but I think it would be really fun to sing a duet with a friend or something. Everyone that goes up and performs look like they’re having such a good time, and it would be a big step out of my comfort zone.”

Haley Nelson

South Carolina

Haley Nelson is a full-time student, part-time yogi, and professional Amazon shopper. She is a South Carolina native who dreams of traveling anywhere and everywhere. Follow Haley on Instagram at @haynelsonx.
SC Contributor

South Carolina