The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

*Featuring Selena Gomez’s girl crush of the moment, Amy Schumer

Everyone knows the type of girl that rolls into a 10:50 a.m. with a full face of makeup on. I mean, I’m talking Victoria’s Secret Fashion show ready– fake eyelashes, a full smokey eye and a dazzling face contour. And hey, good for her! But, the rest of us plebeians can barely make it out of our bed at such an early hour of the day, I mean is the sun even up yet?? (I joke but sometimes the struggle is real)

But, just because you’re not a morning person (AKA you lazyyy), I have come up with a 5-minute makeup routine that will make you look less like this: 

And more like this:

1. Wash your face and brush your hair (this is not optional)

2. Put on moisturizer and a face primer. You can get both of these items for cheap like Cetaphil’s everyday moisturizer ($13) and Elf’s face primer ($6), which can both be bought at Target. This step with make the finished look more put together, trust me it’s worth it!

3. Apply a tinted moisturizer or your go-to face foundation. Basically, for times sake, choose a face product that you reach for often and know well.

4. Grab a big, fluffy face makeup brush and lightly dust some bronzer to the temples, cheekbones, and jawline.

5. Apply some blush to the apples of your cheek. It’ll bring some life to your look, wake up sleepyhead!

6. And finally, grab a lengthening mascara, like Maybelline’s “Define-A-Lash” to brighten up your eyes.

If you’re feeling extra crazy that morning, go ahead and put on some chapstick or maybe even fill in your eyebrows (#browgamestrong). Even though it’s early in the morning, there are still easy makeup hacks you can incorporate in your daily makeup routine to start off the day looking fierce with a capital F!

Tweet us your quick makeup hacks at: @HCsouthcarolina or tag us in your #LazyGirlMakeupSelfie on Instagram at: @HCsouthcarolina.

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!