This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

We know that, as a college student, managing a budget is super stressful. To lessen the constant worry of making rent, this summer make sure you land a job that will help build up your bank account so that you can both cover your bills and allow you treat yourself when the time is right (aka all the time). It can be competitive finding summer employment, especially if you go to school out-of-state, but here are three tips that will assist you in your job search. Good luck! 

1. Apply Everywhere. As we all know, beggars can’t be choosers. If you are jobless, you can’t be picky. Apply everywhere you can think of, and then ten more. Fill out applications at restaurants, clothing stores, and everything in between. Most businesses keep applications on file even if the company isn’t currently hiring. Also, remember to ask the manager to give you a call if any positions open up!

2. Ask Around. Connections are everything: even when it comes to a summer job in your hometown. Ask your mom’s tennis partners and your dad’s golf buddies. Someone will know someone who is hiring.  Always be polite, you never know who is going to be able to help you in the long run!

3. Take Odd Jobs. Although you may be looking for something more concrete, babysitting on the side or doing chores for money can’t hurt.  Money is money and we all know how much collegiettes love to shop, even the littlest tasks can help you earn some bucks. 

Charlotte Price

South Carolina

I go by Charlotte, but will respond to any of the following: Charcoal, Charmander, Charlemagne, Charzard, Char, Lotte (pronounced lot-e), lotte-char. Blonde hair, blue eyes, inability to tan Selfie professional Obsessive compulsive, Overdressed, Over thinker Gamecock USC 17 || Delta Zeta xoxchar.blogspot.com