The Best Parts of Columbia to Show Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

When your out-of-town friends come visit this famously hot city, don’t waste your time sitting on the couch deciding what to do. Whether you’re looking for a place to get your grub on or how to spend your Saturday afternoon, these top spots will convince your friends you’re the life.

Where To Eat:

1. Cafe Strudel

This local Columbia eatery is a great choice for some all-day breakfast. They’re famous for their “Hangover Hashbrowns,” so it’s the perfect place to take your friends the morning after.

2. World of Beer

This is a fun place to visit if you like beer, because they have over 500! This tavern atmosphere is perfect for anyone looking for some grub with a cold one.

3. Kaminsky’s

If your friends (or you) have never had their glorious desserts, take them here. Now.

What To Do:

1. Soda City Market

This market on Main St. every Saturday morning is a pretty hopping place. There’s food, jewelry, and other knick knacks perfect for a morning out with friends.

2. World’s Largest Fire Hydrant

It really is the world’s largest fire hydrant, and it’s pretty stinking cool.

3. Riverbanks Zoo

The zoo is the perfect place to take your friends for a day when all you want to do is look at cute animals!

Where To Party:

1. Trivia Night

A lot of restaurants and bars in the Vista and Five Points have trivia nights. Take your friends out for an evening and test your trivia skills!

2. Five Points

Sometimes some classic bar hopping is the way to go, and the college bar atmosphere is something everyone needs to experience at least once.

3. The Vista

When you’re feeling more sophisticated and would prefer to hear yourself think, the Vista is a classy place to party. From oyster bars to Wet Willies, you can’t go wrong.

Sarah Justus

South Carolina

I like mac and cheese, coffee, and cats
SC Contributor

South Carolina