9 Fun Things to do in the Fall in Columbia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Whether you’re looking for some date ideas, or you’re just looking to have some fall-themed fun with your friends, there’s so much to do in Columbia this fall/Halloween season!

1. Down on the Farm Corn Maze

This runs September 19th-November 16th this year, so you have plenty of time to head to Lexington, bundle up, and find your way through this eight-acre maze!

2. Bad Art/Movie Night

This is happening right on Assembly Street on October 29th. Head over to watch a hilariously horrible scary movie, Troll 2, and enjoy some Halloween-themed comedy to get you in the holiday spirit.

3. Boo at the Zoo

Who says you’re ever too old to go to the zoo?!  This year’s event is full of Halloween fun with a scary safari, haunted carousel, and trick-or-treat trail, happening October 17th-October 30th.

4. Carolina Renaissance Festival

Get yourself a turkey leg and immerse yourself in a storybook world from October 4th-November 23rd! There are 11 stages full of different types of Renaissance-themed entertainment for everyone.

5. Deceased Farm’s Madness Murder & Maize

This famously scary haunted attraction has two haunted houses and runs September 26th-November 1st.  What gets you in the Halloween spirit more than screaming and running through a corn maze?

6. Clinton Sease FarmLocated in the same place as the Deceased Farm haunted attraction, there are pumpkin patches, hay rides, and corn mazes available during the day through November 16th.  Head over to pick some pumpkins and enjoy fall in South Carolina!

7. Trick-or-Treat with the Greeks

If you’re involved in Greek Life at USC, consider volunteering for this fun annual event on October 30th. Dress up to help pass out candy and paint faces for some adorable local kids from 5-7pm.

8. Pumpkin Carving at McCutcheon House

Participate in the pumpkin carving contest on the Horseshoe starting at 10 AM and take tips from an expert and USC grad student, Amy Wong.

9. Walking With the Zombies

If you’re feeling theatrical, dress up in your best zombie costume and take the march from Russell House to Moe’s with fellow USC students.