This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Kara Carpenter is a junior at Sonoma State and she is majoring in Communications. She is in Alpha Gamma Delta and also works at Boudin in Santa Rosa! Check out what Her Campus got to know about her! 

Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about Sonoma State? Kara Carpenter: My favorite thing about Sonoma State is the location because it’s close to so many cool locations like San Francisco, Bodega Bay, and Napa Valley.

HC: What is your least favorite thing about Sonoma State? KC: My least favorite thing about Sonoma State is that Greek life isn’t as welcomed by the community and some faculty.

HC: How do you think being in a sorority has effect your college career? KC:  Being in a sorority has changed myself and my college career so much. I have grown within my chapter which has reflected in my academics as well. It’s made me want to pursue more in my post-college life and has connected me with the most genuine girls.

HC:  What do you hope to pursue as a career after college? KC: My goal would be to get into production but I would also be happy working with a public relations company.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? KC:  I’ve always wanted to go to Greece, but I think currently Italy would be my top place to travel.

HC: What is your spirit animal and why? KC: My spirit would probably be a husky because I’m obsessed with them! I also own a husky and sometimes she keeps to herself and I relate to that a lot.

HC: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? KC: PASTA

HC:  What is your biggest fear? KC: Losing my parents too young. I had a scare last year where I wasn’t sure if my dad was going to live and it really puts your own life in perspective.

HC:  If you could give one piece of advice to a new student at sonoma state what would it be? KC: My advice would be put in to college what you want to get out of it. You need to step out of your comfort zone to be able to grow and meet people that only enhance this growth

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.