Campus Celebrity: STAN THE MAN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Sonoma State senior Stanley Weir comes from Dublin, CA and is this week’s campus celebrity.  Most know him as STAN the MAN.  Throughout his time here at SSU, Weir has been involved in many aspects of campus.

IFC President, Pledge master of Alpha Psi Fraternity, and lacrosse player to just name a few things Weir is involved in.  He is currently enrolled in 15 units of Math/Science classes and he holds a part-time job at Express.

Normally, at first glance you would think you were reading someone’s resume over the last 4 years of college, but think again.  This is actually just what he does in one semester alone. Not to mention, he finds the time to go the gym daily (hence, the all CAPS in the nickname).

Not only is this an impressive schedule, but so is the time it took him to get to where he is now.  After only joining Alpha Psi Fraternity a year and a half ago, STAN has come from a simple college student, to holding two highly responsible positions on campus.  It is because STAN thought to himself two years ago about doing something more with his time at college.

“I am just not getting the FULL college experience,” said Weir.  “I didn’t join Alpha Psi Fraternity for the ‘night life,’ but to be a part of a brotherhood.”

After this year, STAN decided that he would not pursue any more positions on campus.

“This year really tested what my limits are, and I now know how much I can handle in one semester.”

Next year he plans on focusing more on his schoolwork and hopefully will work more. 

Alexandra Schwarz is a senior at Sonoma State University located in Northern California. As a Communications major with a double focus in public relations and writing, she hopes to pursue a media career upon graduation in May of 2012. While attending Sonoma State, she has been an active leader for the campus in the Residential Life department in both the dorms and classroom life and was even invited to attend a national leadership conference (NACURH). When she's not managing the Sonoma State Her Campus branch, she spends her time traveling with EF College Break through her internship as a campus manager. She is also an active member in her sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, as well as a public relations intern for an art gallery. Her hobbies include crafting, traveling, reading, dancing, cooking, and trying new things. Fun fact: she has met Darren Criss of Glee!