Style > Beauty

What Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty Means for the Beauty World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Image by Coveteur

We all know how difficult it can be to find the perfect foundation shade to match our individual complexion. No two people are exactly alike, so it can be extremely challenging to find makeup that is produced for a generalized audience of prospective buyers. Rihanna’s new beauty line, Fenty Beauty has just solved all of our problems when it comes to finding the perfect shade of foundation. 

This makeup line has been created to perfection providing ease to the foundation buying process.  The 40 shades offered in her line of foundations allows for makeup users of all skin tones to find their perfect match, which fosters a feeling of relief and acceptance for those purchasing the products. Not to mention, they have been given the highest reviews possible in just about every YouTube video of makeup artists testing them. Fun fact, Fenty is actually Rihanna’s real last name (Robyn Rihanna Fenty).

Image via Fenty

It is hard for most makeup companies to produce products that cover a wide range of skin tones, often excluding people of color. Beauty companies become lazy when it comes to creating makeup that comes in darker skin tones that is carefully produced to match all undertones. Also, a lot of beauty companies that do produce wide ranging shades of foundations or BB creams often set their price points higher for that specific reason. This becomes problematic because those who are not capable of spending over $50 alone on one piece of makeup are unable to afford what they need in terms of foundation.

Image via Fenty

The foundations are also very well made providing excellent, buildable coverage that cooperates well with all types of finicky skin. It is also $34, which can be expensive in comparison to drugstore makeup, but cheap compared to other high-end makeup. Plus, the beautiful packaging is a great way to spice up your everyday makeup bag.

So, if you are looking to purchase products from the Fenty beauty line, I would suggest doing it soon as it seems to be flying off the shelves (and rightfully so). If you have already purchased any Fenty Beauty products, know that you are supporting a great company with an even better message.

Kaitlyn is currently a freshman at Southern Methodist University studying Advertising and Fashion Media. She is from San Diego, California where she spends the majority of her free time driving down the coast. Her hobbies include trying new beauty products, finding the best Mac & Cheese, and petting every dog she crosses paths with. 
We are the SMU Team.