This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Image via Rolling Stone

Trying to figure out what to pack for your first music festival can be intimidating. So if you’re lost on what to bring, here’s a short list of must-haves and things to consider for Austin City Limits 2017:

• Backpack: although there’s a short line if you don’t bring a bag in, you need to, unless you want to spend a fortune on everything inside.
  • Cross-body Bag: if you don’t want to carry a big bag (or your friend is) bring a small cross-body that’s harder to lose or get stolen.
  • Water Bottles: you can either bring an empty refillable bottle (to refill at the Camelbak stations!) or 2 sealed disposable water bottles. With the heat, you’ll need the water, so don’t skimp here.
  • Sunscreen: a must-have! Even in October, when you’re in the sun all day, you can still burn. You can always purchase it at the bodegas, but bringing your own is the best choice.
  • Band-Aids: I always like to stash a few in my purse because you never know when those shoes you’ve had for ages will give you a blister.
  • Hat and Sunglasses: self-explanatory.
  • Watch: save your phone battery! It’s impossible to get service sometimes, so it can be better to just use the old-fashioned wrist watch. Save your phone battery for a camera and when you really need it.
  • Light-weight Blanket: I’m fine with sitting on the ground, but if you’re dressing up, you may want to bring a blanket to sit on so you don’t stain your clothes.
  • Portable Phone Charger: This is a life-saver! When your phone dies and you’re trying to find your friend, this is what will save you.
  • Cash: it makes everything easier. There’s also a new wristband pay system you can set up beforehand. Check it out here.
  • Poncho: check the weather beforehand. While it looks nice so far, you don’t want to get caught in the rain and be stuck soaking wet because you don’t want to miss your favorite band.

There you go! These will help you have a fun (and safe) ACL, whether you’re going Weekend 1 or 2.

I am currently a junior at Bryant Univerity. I am a Human Resources Management major with a minor in Communications. 
We are the SMU Team.