Upcoming Concerts in Dallas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Whether you’re with a group of friends or on a date concerts are a great way to spend a night out on the town.  Dallas has multiple music venues for all types and genres of music.  Some venues are small and some are huge. It all depends on the artist you want to see and where you want to go.  I picked a few of my favorite places to go that have popular concerts coming up in the near future. 

American Airlines Center

This venue is perfect if you want to see the most popular artists in a huge arena.  It is the home of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team and the Dallas Stars hockey team.  When it’s not being used for sports, it is being used to house some of the best concerts in town. AT&T Plaza is right out front of it, which holds many different restaurants.  So, if you want dinner and entertainment all in one place this is the spot to go. 

Upcoming artists playing at this venue are:

Selena Gomez (November 3rd)

Drake and Miguel (November 10th)

Rihanna (November 11th)

Pink (November 16th)

The House of Blues

This venue is the perfect place to see your favorite artists in a small setting.  Almost the whole venue is general seating; so the earlier you arrive the better view you have. You can be front row to your favorite artist without paying that extra price! There are also balcony seats on the second level you can purchase if you prefer to sit. If you wait outside after the show many artists come out to meet fans and sign autographs.  The House of Blues is a restaurant as well, so you can eat dinner before and then go to the show. 

Aaron Carter (November 2nd)

Journeys Noise Tour Featuring 3oh!3 (November 13th)

Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie

This venue is thought of as “the theater of the future”.  It has more spacious and luxurious seating for a better overall concert experience.  The venue is large and seats up to 6,350 people. The theater is amazing both inside and out and a great place to take a date. 

John Legend (November 7th)

Hunter Hayes and Ashley Monroe (November 22nd)

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (November 30th)

Broadcast Journalism Major Advertising Minor From Orange County, California
SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor