The Top Chick Flicks of Our Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Love, humor, heartbreak, attractive actors and idealistic endings are the formula for every girl’s guilty pleasure- chick flicks.  I know, none of us like to admit it but as the weather cools down and the days get shorter, nothing is more appealing than cuddling up with some Ben and Jerry’s and having a girly movie marathon.  With that in mind, here is my pick of the top 10 chick flicks of all time. So grab your favorite snacks and some friends and enjoy!

10. Legally Blonde

9.  Miss Congeniality

8.  When Harry Met Sally

7.  Going the Distance

6.  Mean Girls

5.  Dirty Dancing

4.  10 Things I hate About You

3.  Pretty Woman

2. My Best Friend’s Wedding

1.  How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days

Let’s hear it for the movies that make us laugh, cry and everything in between!

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.