SMU boohoo STYLE SQUAD- Natalie Evans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

This week’s snapshot is about SMU’s boohoo STYLE SQUAD member, Natalie Evans! Read up to learn more about boohoo and her fabulous job!

BACKGROUND
From the UK’s best kept secret to one of the fastest growing internationale-tailers, boohoo.com has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader of its generation. By combining cutting-edge style with an affordable price tag, boohoo designs products to a source and market of 16-28 year olds worldwide.  Boohoo’s philosophy is pretty simple: they
don’t take fashion or life too seriously, and they constantly push boundaries to bring their customers all the latest looks for less. From their fashion-forward menswear
clothing to their recently-launched plus size line, they’ve got something for everyone, including their boohoo Boutique collection designed in-house. There are up to 100 pieces hitting their site every day and a new collection each week. And with over 12 international social media channels they’re here 24/7 to help you too. They’ve always got something going on, from sponsoring star-studded events, to producing their very own Stylefixmagazine, which isdistributed in 7 countriesworldwide and is available to download on the app store.

Does this all sound too good to be true? They can prove it! They’ve won a ton of awards, including Best Online Retailer for the third year running, beating the likes of
ASOS to keep their much-coveted crown. And with unrivalled international growth, boohoo has an extremely exciting future ahead of them!

Natalie’s Job Description: 
 PR/Event Manager:
• Coordinate and execute (1) required
event per semester
• Work with Social Media/Marketing
Manager to identify and execute
celebrity/influencer placements on
social media channels
• Partner with Her Campus chapter
to plan, organize, and execute
on-campus events and develop
innovative promotional tactics to
drive event attendance
• Build and maintain relationships
with campus media outlets and local
organizations
• Responsible for receiving and
distributing promotional materials
and products
• Partner with Her Campus chapter
to be featured on campus microsite’s
Snapshot style blog or as the
“Campus Celebrity”
• In partnership with Social Media/
Marketing Manager, submit weekly
status reports
• Participate in monthly extra credit
challenges for a chance to win
additional prizing
14 15

To learn more about Natalie and this amazing site, visit boohoo.com!