Meet Candice Swanepoel And Victoria’s Secret’s Bombshell Bra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Today I had the amazing opportunity to interview Victoria’s Secret’s Angel and Supermodel, Candice Swanepoel at Northpark Center in Dallas, Texas to launch the new iconic bra, The Bombshell Bra, along with the new Bombshell Fragrance. Victoria’s Secret will introduce Bombshells’ Day on Saturday, May 2nd, where you and your girlfriends are asked to channel your inner Bombshell and treat yourself to a full day of pampering!

The Bombshell Bra features a new deep plunge center front with criss-cross detail that instantly adds two cup sizes and comes in a variety of colors, and the fragrance is a fruity-floral blend.

Here is a peak at my interview with Candice Swanepoel!

1. Can you tell me a little about the new Bombshell Bra and how if differs from previous Victoria’s Secret’s Bras?

“The shape of the bra is the same as the classic bra, but the lace detail really makes this bra special. The lace adds elegance and class, and that’s what being a bombshell is about! Anyone who has not tried the Bombshell Bra on should do themself a favor by trying one on because it is a miracle.”

2. What is the best outfit to wear with this bra?

“You have to be careful with what you wear on top because it really does add two cup sizes. It works well with a silhouette shaped dress like the one I am wearing today. The bra is so beautiful, we should all wear it without clothes!” I’ll leave that to you, Candice. ;)

3. Can you tell me a little about yourself? How old were you when you began modeling, and how did you get interested?

“People began scouting me at thirteen, and my mother let me begin modeling once I turned fifteen. I met with an agent, and my career kicked off from there.”

4. What is your favorite part about modeling for Victoria’s Secret?

“I love how it feels like one big family. We travel the world alone a lot and work with different people everyday, and it is hard to make close relationships after working with someone just once. I love how close I have gotten to the other Victoria’s Secret Angels because we work together so often.”

5. Even after all these years, do you still feel nervous before big shows and interviews?

“I still do get nervous. I put a lot of pressure on myself to look good and improve each year. I do not feel as nervous during photoshoots because my family is there with me.”

6. Which place have you most enjoyed visiting during a photo shoot?

“I loved Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.”

7. What do you do for fun when you are not modeling?

“I love doing normal things. I love to have friends over for tea, watch movies, and I love to dance. I am the ultimate home body.”

8. What is the weirdest thing about you that most people do not know?

“You guys do not get to see this side of me often, but I am extremely odd and cynical.”

9. Do you have a celebrity you look up to?

“Career wise I really look up to Gisele as both a business woman and person.”

10. Do you have advice you would like to give to the millions of girls who look up to you, specifically, girls who suffer from low self-esteem?

“It is important to chill out. Do not worry so much about what others think about you, and do what makes you happy!”

Today was an unforgettable day, and I am so thankful to Her Campus and Candice Swanepoel for helping make this happen. Don’t forget to treat yo’ self on May 2nd for Bombshells’ Day

XX,

Michele