It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: Boot Season is Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s finally boot season! Here is a list of all the boots you need this fall.

1. Over the knee boots

SMU fashion favorite Stuart Weitzman still reigns supreme among the fashion bloggers and celebrities. Black, grey and tan suede are the smart investments for your fashion dollar. Choose a beautiful shade of burgundy or blue for a trendier look. This designer offers the most beautiful shade of blush for spring. Black and lighter beige are offered in smooth stretch leather for a slightly dressier style. New for the winter are the stretch velvet thigh-highs and color-blocked suede boots. These investment boots range from $785-$875 and are sold at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and other online retailers. Mom- if you are reading this it’s not too late!

The Highland 4″ heel rounded toe by Stuart Weitzman

2. Velvet

All velvet everything this holiday season. Thigh-high boots in burgundy, blue, green, and black velvet are causing a commotion. Pair these gorgeous jewel tone beauties with denim and a big furry coat to get the biggest wow. Who knows how long this trend will stay, so I suggest saving money by finding a low cost version.

“We Built This City” at Nasty Gal for $128           

3. Booties

Blue velvet bootie: This cute bootie is the holiday season darling. The comfortable ankle height and block heel is great for wearing with skinnies and t-shirts or with your LBD for a fun night out look.

Western bootie: This trimmed down version of a distressed cowboy boot is super cute and casual for daytime wear with jeans or a bohemian dress.

Black leather biker boots: These bad boys are great for getting in touch with your bad self. Ankle-height black leather with buckles and some with chains or studs. Try these with black skinnies, a rocker tee and a leather jacket for a rebel-weekend look.

Black Chelsea boot: With clean lines and a pointed toe, these ankle boots are a classic. The elastic goring on the side make for comfortable wearing. This traditional style looks great with classic trousers, equestrian style jodhpurs or faded skinnies and a wool pea-coat. With so many designers to choose from, you can splurge or save on this great-looking boot.            

Marc Fisher LTD at Bloomingdales for $179 

We are the SMU Team.